Saturday, April 10, 2010

Baby News...

I had an ultrasound with my doctor 2 weeks ago for my 36 week appointment. My doctor was getting measurements saying that the baby was already 8 ½ pounds with 4 weeks to go before my April 20th due date (40 weeks). So I was a little worried. And I was only 30% effaced which really means not dilated at all.

My 37 week appointment I had high blood pressure and my doctor was very concerned. He wanted me to come in on Monday and get re-checked. Also Joelson’s heart beat was 190 beats per minute which is not normal for him, his heart rate has been in the 140 range lately. So the doctor put me on a machine for 20 minutes to monitor his heart beat and it turned out fine.

On Monday I went to have my blood pressure checked and it was normal. Which is good because I am still working and I want to work as long as possible. I was afraid the doctor would put me on bed rest and I was not looking forward to that.

This morning (my 38 week appointment) I had another ultrasound to check the baby’s weight again and the ultrasound technician got a reading of 7 pounds and 11 oz which made me a much happier camper! I am still 30% effaced but the doctor told me that after my 39 week appointment which is on Tuesday the 13th that basically I can choose what I want to do whether it be to ride it out or be induced. I have to weigh my options today….

So I might be having baby Joelson soon. I am very excited to meet him. Not only because I am very uncomfortable but I just want to start our new life with him.

Love to you all,

Jessica & Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment